Layout HTML

Search This Blog

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Wishlist - November 2011

So I've been trying to get myself in the habit of posting once a day, but I wasn't able to keep it up with the sudden demand of my time popped up yesterday. My plans for today has been kind of a mess as well because of it and some other stuff having to crawl itself into my life. Really though, when someone else just dumps their responsibilities onto you in a worse situation then they had started with, it's a rather stressful experience. Everyone should know that, but I'm afraid the person who's doing this just doesn't understand until it's too late.

But I'm going to decide NOT to talk about that, and instead, do another wishlist. This time of some game software that I am interested in. I was contemplating whether to just do this in the other wishlist I had, but it just didn't seem to fit well, especially with the wishlist ending up with a bunch of video games in there with some random things like LED lights for Firion, a sweatband, and a sword thrown in the mix. Also, I'd like to not let this be a monthly thing, especially since I really don't find too many things that I'm really interested enough to buy anyway. I wouldn't have anything to put in these wishlists for a while anyway.

1. Fortune Street / Itadaki Street Wii

Glad this game got announced in the US. I'm playing the one on the DS in Japanese right now, and I find it to be more fun than Mario Party, mostly because winning in it is not-so reliant on luck-based minigames like Mario Party is, but rather economic strategy. In a nutshell, it's basically Monopoly with the stock market thrown into the mix. The stocks you buy are of the area that you buy properties of like in Monopoly. With more stocks bought in the area, or if the properties/buildings/stores in that area are worth more, the price of the stocks go up, and vice versa if people sell stocks, property value drops, etc. Having a solid economic strategy is the key to winning, which makes it more fun for me. If the game ran mostly on luck, then might as well play Russian Roulette. The game decides who wins; not the players. Sure, there are some skill-based minigames in Mario Party, but it just feels like the more the game gets a new iteration, the more the minigames are reliant on luck than skill. Can't remember which Mario Party I've really played much of last though. I know I owned 1-3, but I've played others at a friend's house I believe.

2. Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Zelda has always been a huge series among Nintendo, and ... well, to put it bluntly, graphically, it looks better than Twilight Princess. I'm not saying Twilight Princess looked bad in particular, but Skyward Sword is so much more colorful. Leave the shades of gray and brown to maybe the dark world or something, but when majority of Hyrule looks like that, it just doesn't have the same appeal otherwise. As for gameplay, it looks like Skyward Sword is utilizing the Wii Motion Plus well, which is good. I just hope that they'll fill the game with plenty of content, and not end up rushed like Twilight Princess was. Not to mention this game gets released right on my birthday. >_> Coincidence much?


3. Kirby's Return to Dreamland

So ever since I was a little kid, I was into video games. The games I grew up with mostly consisted of Mario, Final Fantasy, and Dragon Quest when I was as early as 5 to 9 years old. But after that, I learned about Kirby, and found that its games are pretty fun and awesome. Among them, Kirby's Dreamland 2, Kirby SuperStar, and a few others really stuck out as great games to me, and ever since SuperStar, I always wanted another Kirby game just like that, but didn't quite happen for a while until Amazing Mirror brought back the way how abilities had multiple moves and stuff. Well, what I've seen of this game looks pretty promising to fulfill that desire to play another Kirby game that plays similarly, if not better. Also looking forward to the multiplayer aspects of this game.

4. Gyakuten Kenji 2 / Miles Edgeworth: Ace Investigations 2

Well, I'm one of the many that are disappointed that this game never got released in the US. =( Being that I'm Japanese though, I could technically play the game in Japanese, but I really like Capcom's localization team. They do a really great job at writing the scripts for the series, and I'm also concerned about having to import the game to play it. Importing is expensive, and it was something I wanted to avoid. Well, that's probably the only reason why I haven't played this game yet. Otherwise, I'm sure I would have enjoyed it much like the rest of the series.

5. Professor Layton VS Gyakuten Saiban

I don't have a 3DS yet, and this game isn't out yet, but hell. I'm excited about this game. The trailer has put a lot of hype for the game within the fans, and many of us are desperately hoping that this game will be released in the US. I'm still playing through Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box right now, but I'm hoping I'll be caught up with Professor Layton games by the time this game comes out in the US.

6. Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 (PS3)

I've always wanted to get Marvel VS Capcom 2. Never got the opportunity to get the game though. Then MvC3 came out, and thought it was finally my chance to own a fun, kickass fighting game. Never did get it though because this house never got a PS3, as described in my previous wishlist. @_@ But who knew that they would release an Ultimate MvC3 as soon as they did? Well, I feel bad for the people who had bought MvC3 and now have to buy the game again to be up-to-date, since I've been through that myself with a few SquareEnix games. Well, UMvC3 is even more appealing because of.. well, it's obvious by now. Phoenix Wright is a playable character in it. XD

7. Good People Die / Gyokugen Dasshutsu ADV: Zennin Shiboudesu

After having enjoyed 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors, hearing that a sequel is in the works for the 3DS certainly has got my interest. Apparently it hasn't been announced whether if it would be released in the US yet though. Here's to hoping that it will be released in the US too. Leave a comment to show support for this game! ... Assuming they'll see this blog. >_> Regardless, talk about the series and let the marketing team in Aksys Games know that the public wants this game.

8. Pokemon Rumble Blast

Well, I played Pokemon Rumble, and I feel like I could say that it's a casually appealing game. Great for single player and multiplayer. I'd definitely like to pick this game up if my other friends will be getting this. I was disappointed with the first Pokemon Rumble on the WiiWare because it didn't have Pokemon from all 4 generations, but only the first and fourth gen in it, but Blast is supposedly going to have all 5 generations. Sounds great to me.

Well, it's also been a while since I've really talked about the games I've been playing too. I might have to go ahead and do that once I've reached a good point to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment