Layout HTML

Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Feesh! - Firion 2

So the results are in for the first poll.

What do you want to see on this blog?
Firion: 3 votes
Vicki's troll posts: 3 votes
More pictures: 1 vote
My life: 0 votes
Girls: 0 votes
Stock market (LoL): 0 votes
Other: 0 votes

Didn't get anywhere near as many votes as I was expecting, sure, but this poll was mostly here for me to learn how these polls work. Anyway, the next poll will be up in a bit, this time regarding how I should handle content that contains spoilers for games, stories, and anything else that should be hidden from some people's eyes that would ruin the experience. Anyway, my readers have spoken, so I'll continue talking about Firion.

The thermometer on the right
It's gotten a lot more chilly compared to a week or two ago now, even here in Florida. And one of the concerns I've had last year was whether if Firion's water is warm enough for him, since apparently bettas' natural habitat is in tropial areas of Asia. Because of this, I decided to get a thermometer for him, although it's mainly for tanks rather than fishbowls. ._. PetSmart didn't have any thermometers for fishbowls, so I got one that floats in the water instead of the colored strip thing where you stick it on the inner surface of the tank.

So during these cold days, I put Firion to my left, which Pugyuu, my laptop, vents out its heat towards. I put something in the way so that it isn't too hot though. Otherwise, the bowl goes to my right where it's a bit further away since I need room for my mouse on my right as well. Doing so has definitely allowed me to maintain a pretty consistent temperature between 70 and 75 degrees Fahrenheit. I'm hoping this trick will work throughout the winter, since I didn't have the thermometer last winter, so I don't know how effective it was then.

Also, I still haven't gotten the LED light for Firion yet, since I don't think I've been to PetSmart since I posted about it. Kind of surprising, considering how often I got dragged there before, but Vicki's schedule has been ridiculously filled lately too. I'm not sure if she's even reading my blog either because of the amount of work she's getting swamped with, which is sort of disappointing. She did print out a coupon for small pet stuff, but it's for purchases of over $30 something I believe, and the light I want is only $16. >_>; Might be just better to just wait for the light itself to go on sale rather than to force myself to use a coupon.

Also, while writing this, it dawned upon me that I haven't talked about Pugyuu on here yet. There's quite a story with this laptop too, along with my previous one, so it'll be another topic to post about for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment