Layout HTML

Search This Blog

Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday 2011

I just came back from Black Friday Shopping. And am I ever disappointed with the sales this year. Very few hot items were really on sale this year, and among them, I was really interested in this PS3 bundle where you get LittleBigPlanet 2 and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One with it, for only $199.99. I'm not entirely interested in the games, but the bundle is cheaper than just getting the PS3 as well, so I thought, "Why the hell not?". Of course, this bundle sold out at all the stores it seems. The same deal was at nearly all the stores that you would check for this thing too. I stopped by at Best Buy, Target, Game Stop, and I'm checking Amazon.com right now, and even there the $199.99 deals are gone.

I also stopped by at PetSmart to see if the LED lights I want for Firion was on sale, but even that was still the normal price of $16.99 for one light. All this neglect for Firion to go shopping, and for what? ._. A bag full of disappointment. I gave Firion that floating log for him last Christmas, but what can I get him this year?

I'm even checking Steam's sales now, even though I still have plenty of games to play that I got from last year's sales from Black Friday to Christmas. @_@ And even there, I see that Capcom's games are barely on sales at all. I didn't think even Steam's sales would disappoint me, even if I wasn't looking for games there to begin with.

It certainly would have helped if I had the car to go to places whenever I wanted. Knowing myself, I would have just gone and waited in line for the midnight store opening. I guess you really have to be ready for these things if you want to get in on the good deals. =/ I personally think that it pays off in the end, but when you are stuck with people who hate crowds, it's hard to get them to take you to these things.

Perhaps the economy really is bad for the sales to be this bad. Today may have dragged out lots of shoppers from their homes, but without a real big sale going on, people like me just return home with nothing but a wasted trip and disappointment without buying anything either. That won't help with improving the economy, aside from paying for gas money.

I hope that the Christmas sales won't be this bad, and maybe next year won't be such a disappointment either.

No comments:

Post a Comment