Layout HTML

Search This Blog

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Promo - Fiorella Films

One of my friends from New Jersey, although we mainly met online despite me being from New Jersey as well, has been studying film and television to become a director. o_o She told me quite a few things about film making in the classes she has taken and I've learned a lot of interesting facts about film making and the tricks involved in achieving certain moods and emotions from the viewers with these tricks. Usually, when you watch TV or even movies, you don't think too much about how the movie was taken, and what importance the camera angle and a lot of technical details play in them, but after hearing what she has learned, I've been analyzing a lot of the media I see now as well.

In her film class, she has also made several short films of her own. Here's one of my favorites, "Point Me to the Sky". It is about an Angel, Thea, in a scene where the Devil makes a proposition with her to clear his name.


 The camera angles, lighting, and the overall directing of this video is something I find to be very pleasant to see, which is something all viewers should be able to appreciate. There is a lot more to talk about such as the set that they used, the styles, the acting, etc. which I found all to be pretty good, but my focus was drawn more towards the directing.

Here is another video, which is her most recently uploaded video, "Gottlos: A Short".


There are more videos on her YouTube channel. Check them out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment