Layout HTML

Search This Blog

Friday, July 20, 2012

Rumble Fighter - Return Bribes

I just got an E-mail from OGPlanet with some freebies that they're bribing me with to come back to play some Rumble Fighter. Certainly is nice of them to actually offer some Astro/Cash items that are actually permanent instead of those time activated things that only last for 30 days or something. The OGPlanet I knew back when I was still playing wouldn't do that, but maybe things have changed during my absence? There seems to be a lot more things in the game now too that I don't recognize either.

So after playing the required 1 hour of Rumble Fighter for the bribe.. or rather, 2 hours due to me getting hooked again, I can honestly say that I still have lots of fun with Rumble Fighter. The first thing I noticed was this Rune Book system.

The Rune Book System is a way for players to get temporary buffs for your characters by collecting Rune Points to spend for buffs that last for certain number of games. You get Rune Points by simply playing. There are several methods of getting them, like logging in once per day gets you one Rune Point each day. Another easy one is to play 10 Battle or Rumble games, each game having 3 rounds. If you play for a whole hour, that's another Rune Point, and if you also complete 5 Adventure games, then you get another Rune Point as well. This is certainly a nice touch to those who wish to try greater challenges, as you can only store up to 30 Rune Points anyway, so spending them once you get a lot is encouraged. I got a few points, simply from having fun. I haven't tried any of the buffs yet however.

Another thing I noticed was obviously all the new items available in the stores; namely, clothing, scrolls, ExoCores, etc. That's a given though, considering I hadn't played in quite a long time; long enough for OGPlanet to bribe me with free items anyway. So the things that they offered to me was...
  • Permanent Boxing scroll
  • 10 Verda's Coin which I have no clue what it's for
  • 5 Megaphone uses
  • Nickname Changer
I really think that giving out Boxing for free is a very generous move for OGPlanet. Then again, there are probably so much better scrolls out there, so Boxing isn't that much of a big deal. Heck, I already have Kobudo for Elementalists which is fairly similar with wider hit range, and Stinger which is for the most part a much better Boxing scroll. Regardless, I'm happy to take a free cash shop item.

I'm sure I'll play again whenever I find the chance to to check whether if I received these items after today, and also to have fun as well. It'd be great if some of my friends still played, but when I checked my friend list on there, no one was online at all. ._.; I wonder if any of them got the same E-mail I did, or whether if my friends are done with Rumble Fighter now.

I may talk more about Rumble Fighter in the future. In fact, it's been in my plans to talk about Rumble Fighter since a couple of months ago, but a busy schedule and higher priorities kept me from playing it for so long, since the game is well deserving of the attention, although the community may not be the best. >_> If you can, bring friends with you to play Rumble Fighter. It'll be much more fun that way.

Edit: After the date that they said was the limit for getting the welcome back bribe, I checked whether if I got my stuff, and I did indeed get them. I was a bit worried because I thought I'd get the stuff the day after I play over an hour, but had to wait for the date on the E-mail. I'm still playing RF once in a while, but I'll be looking forward to more future bribes whenever I get distracted by something else for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment