Layout HTML

Search This Blog

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Holiday Activities Unleashed


Well, it's December 1st now, and things are starting to look festive with events going on at many places. Starting with Kingdom of Loathing with a new location to adventure in, Lollipop Forest, found in your Advent Calendar, somehow. Also, Terraria's biggest update yet, version 1.1 was just released. On top of that, the game is on a "legitimate" 75% off discount for the first time, for $2.50 a copy on Steam, only for today. If you haven't read my Review for Terraria yet, I'd highly recommend you to. If you have, well, here's a list of all the updates in version 1.1 as well, so you know what more the game has to offer now. Also, poll results!

So I already feel bombarded with fun activities to do for this holiday season, and this is only the start too. It just sucks that I'm currently sick with bronchitis at the moment, so I may not be able to put my fullest into participating in these events until I get better. I've had bronchitis before, so I know what to do, but I'm not getting as many help from others this time around either. Anyway, back to fun. Here are the poll results!

Which is scarier?
The Dolphin: 3 votes
Human Centipede: 1 vote
Don't care, I want to see more Firion!: 1 vote
Both equally scary: 0 votes

Well, it goes to show how important character designs and good facial posing and rendering is when it comes to... uh... ... not... scare people... I guess. Or perhaps, it's just simply...

Scariness of a deformed, ugly face >>> Scariness of experimental human reconfigurations

As for Kingdom of Loathing, I'm really not sure what to do today. The Lollipop Forest is a special area that's only open for this holiday, I'm sure, but it doesn't seem to have much to offer at the moment. Just 3 monsters that drop lollipop sticks. It doesn't even seem like raising my item drop rate increases the chances of getting these lollipop sticks, and I have also tried raising my monster levels as high as +190 ML or so, but even then, no difference, other than them getting stronger. They don't scale with your stats either, and are originally very weak. Probably something you can easily fight right after ascending too, if you really wanted to, but I like being prepared for events like this. As lame as this area currently is, I'm going to spend the majority of my adventures collecting these lollipop sticks for later use in the event, possibly. Chances are, they're going to be highly sought after when they finally have a meaning, with lots of buyers who may be willing to spend lots of meat getting some extras. When development arises, I'll be sure to post it here.
So here's the new trailer for Terraria version 1.1. It's got so much stuff in it now, it's pretty much a sequel. But nope. It's the same game that you already paid for if you already have it, with these huge, free updates. Can't ask for anything better with how games are being priced these days, with DLCs, sequels or heck, slightly updated versions being sold again as a full game, etc. 

My plans of posting my castle-in-progress may end up getting delayed to re-touch up on it with the new updates to make it more than what it currently is. Or I could just log on and post screenshots of what I have right now, and maybe talk about what changes I'd like to make in the future. In fact, I have 2, old screenshots right here anyway, so I'll go ahead and post these and you can see the difference since then and what I have now in a future post.


Quite bare in these pictures, but I have already put in a lot of the walls, removed the tile counter blocks in most places, and added a few furniture here and there. Although I am in the process of collecting more ores, particularly iron and gold, so it might still be a while before completion. Most likely I'll be checking out the new updates instead of building this castle anyway, the next time I play.

Also keep in mind, I've also heard that a holiday-themed update will be coming for Terraria at around December 15th as well. The holidays will definitely be a lot more busy this year. With more fun busy-ness, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment