Layout HTML

Search This Blog

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Wishlist - December 2011

Yup. Another wishlist. Turns out there were still quite a few things missing from my previous two lists that I've made for things that I'd want, and here I am, making an additional wishlist again. It's also Christmas in a week, ... but I guess this wishlist is kind of late for that, isn't it? Unless people like doing last minute shopping or something. This is just a list for myself though anyway, especially considering how I've forgotten about these things to begin with. Despite having forgotten them though, they ARE things that I am definitely interested in, and the reasons are provided.

1. No More Heroes 1 & 2

This is just one of those games that I've been interested in, but just never got around to checking it out. When I went to GameStop one day to check some prices, this game caught my eye and it was only $10 for the first game. That's not a bad price at all for checking out a new series.

So this game makes my wishlist simply due to my interest and how cheap it is now.

2. Poker Set

This is something that I've always found to be really neat to have. Especially when you have friends come over to play a game of Texas Hold'em Poker or something, which many people can play at once, unlike how most video games tend to be up to 4 players usually at most, locally. Maybe 8 players if the game supports it, like Bomberman Blast on the WiiWare, provided you have 4 wiimotes and 4 GameCube controllers to plug in, but there are so few games that does this. Not to mention how I have a few friends who aren't necessarily into video games either, but can play some cards. I usually make some makeshift set with a deck of cards and maybe some coins or whatever else I have numerous of for chips, but that just seems too ghetto. So I'd like to have a casual hangout with a nice set of cards and chips to pass time, casually. ... Maybe gamble for fun, but I'm not a big gambler, so who knows whether if that will happen.

3. USB Gamepad

Personally, I'm fine with using the keyboard for most of my PC gaming. But if using a mouse isn't all that important, and not many buttons are used in the game, maybe having a game pad might provide a better experience for me. I originally wanted one for Rumble Fighter, since there ARE limitations to what my keyboard can do, like... I can't do a diagonal grab or counter facing top right and bottom left, I believe. Too many key inputs at once that the keyboard can't read them all, unless I take my fingers off of one of the keys, but in order to execute a Grab, you need to hit Punch and Guard, and to be facing diagonally, you really want to be holding down both arrow keys, or else, chances are, when you let go of the arrow keys, one of them will be held down longer and leave your character facing a different direction instead. Wasn't a fan of that disadvantage.

Rumble Fighter
Another game I'd use a Gamepad for off the top of my head is Recettear. Maybe Chantelise as well, whenever I get it. I wonder if Mass Effect and other games I have would work well with a gamepad? Maybe Vanguard Princess, since fighting games are... probably not very good on the keyboard anyway. Well, either way, as long as it's compatible, I'm sure it would be useful.

4. External Hard Drive

I'm surprised I hadn't even thought about this before, despite my C: Drive being nearly full, and my D: Drive becoming a storage for a bunch of mp3s and videos I have. @_@ When I got Pugyuu, I didn't think hard drive space would ever become an issue, but... I found Steam. >_>;; Steam is definitely taking up a huge chunk of my hard drive right now, as well as League of Legends and their frequent updates. It's getting to the point where I have a lot of the games on Steam uninstalled so that I have some hard drive space open. Too bad I can't do this with some other games that are not on Steam, like some games I bought from PopCap. Wish they had some better system for registering their games. I may as well get them on Steam instead. They tend to have better sales anyway, unless PopCap is giving them out for free, like Big Money on St. Patrick's Day. Either way, it's also nice to have a back up of the data I have. I'd hate to lose all my Photoshop works yet again, if something were to happen to Pugyuu.

5. Smartphone

If you haven't checked out my previous post about what smartphone I'm looking for, check it out here.

After having asked several people, I've gotten a few responses saying that Motorola's Droid X2 is a pretty good phone, especially for its price right now as well. Verizon's store will sell it to you for $99.99 with a 2 year contract, but when I went to Radioshack today, they had a special in-store sale for $49.99. o_o .... And upon checking it out online... Free... ? D= In-store special my ass. Why not tell me about the free offer online? Well, whatever the case, this is the phone that I am currently looking into right now.

The guy at the store also suggested the Droid 3, and I think it's cool that it has a slider keyboard. Not sure if I care much for it though. And then there's the Droid RAZR with its $299.99 price tag with a 2 year contract. I said that price wasn't an issue, but after spending $300, I'd want it to be good enough to the point where it'll be considered the best phone for a good portion of that 2 year period, but that's not going to last long, I don't think.

6. Camcorder... ?

All three smartphones above have some pretty good video resolutions, but that doesn't mean that it'll be good enough to take some clear, and not-so-dark videos of Firion with. But... maybe they could. I don't know. >_> But in the event that they can't, perhaps a dedicated camcorder is in need for more videos.

Well, that's all I have listed in the list-of-things-I-forgot-to-put-in-my-wishlist list. A list of all my wishlists can be found here. Hopefully this will cover all things I want for a longer time than another month.

No comments:

Post a Comment