Layout HTML

Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Nintendo World Store - Street Pass Heaven

Now that I'm back from my trip to NJ and NY, I have to point out how I arrived at my parents' house on the night of the Wii U launch, and had missed out on the Wii U Launch Party at the Nintendo World Store they had at midnight. It's too bad I missed out on seeing Reggie of Nintendo of America in person. It would have been awesome if I could have street passed with everyone there as well, but when I visited during the day, there were still quite a lot of people there buying Wii Us among other things. During then, I was able to get quite a few street passes which certainly gave me a nice boost in my Mii Parade that I had started not even a month ago at the time.


I had to check my 3DS twice to make sure that I was getting street passes while we were there at the Nintendo World Store. During the second time I checked, I had ended up with 10 street passes, and not too long after that, the store closed, so I wonder how many street passes I may have missed out on that day. Regardless, it was a fun visit, and makes me want to come back again to see what they'll have on their store shelves, since each time I go, I find new things there. Obviously, this time around, there were quite a few things for the Wii U on display.

Speaking of the Wii U however, I did get my hands on one... and rather easily. Perhaps Nintendo made sure to have enough supplies this time so that there aren't any shortages like they did with the Wii's launch, which may be good or bad. As for me, I haven't decided what I'm going to do with my basic, White Wii U. I haven't even opened it from the box yet, wondering whether if the demand will surpass the supplies during the holidays, checking to see if prices on eBay will spike up as it closes in on Christmas. Anyway, I got mine from GameStop when I put my name in their waiting list about a month before the release. I was surprised to get mine on launch day when there were so many reports about pre-orders for the Wii U being sold out fairly early on. I just hope that I got lucky instead of the supply being greater than the demand. I could use the extra few bucks if I can profit off of it.

Well, I'd like to bring more video game related posts here. This whole month of November feels like it has been about my personal life, and not everyone is necessarily interested in that. It certainly has been an awfully busy month for me, and I hope that things have settled down again now, giving me enough time to work more on my posts again. We'll see if I can get another review up sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment