Layout HTML

Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Poll - TF2 Classes

December is here, and so are the results for the last poll!

What is your favorite TF2 class?
Scout - 1 vote
Pyro - 1 vote
Soldier - 1 vote
Demoman - 1 vote
Sniper - 1 vote
Heavy - 0 votes
Engineer - 0 votes
Medic - 0 votes
Spy - 0 votes

Uhh... Where are all the votes? I was expecting a lot more votes than 5 votes total, but then again, I haven't been talking about TF2 as much as I have been compared to last year. Perhaps my audiences shifted from since then? In which case, I'm sorry. I DID want to cover more about TF2's Halloween event, but having 2 jobs at the time certainly made it nigh impossible. However, I did get to defeat Merasmus, but that was pretty much all I was able to do. I heard that Mann VS Machines had a mode where there were zombies instead too, but I hadn't been able to check that out at all. Heck, I've still been so busy that this post is delayed by 3 days. For having been behind schedule for so long, once again, I apologize.

But back to the poll, what can we say about the classes that got votes, other than that they happen to be the more popular classes according to these results? As for me, I tend to play all classes, and usually whatever the team needs to succeed. With that said, under most circumstances, my top 3 needed classes to succeed seems to be...
  1. Engineer - Having a base near the front lines keeps the enemy team from pushing you further away from your goal, and provides great support to the whole team with faster transportation, and resupplying ammo and health. If there are no Engineers doing this properly in your team, then you'll most likely desperately need one.
  2. Demoman, Spy, or Medic - Being that Engineer is what I find to be the most important class in a team, you want to disrupt the enemy Engineer from doing what they need to succeed. Doing so will make it much easier for you to advance, and these three classes are best utilized for doing just that. Having two out of these three classes in your team will greatly improve your chances of denying the enemy team of being able to maintain their Engineer base.
  3. Pyro - Following this ranking, Pyro is needed to help protect your base. Spy checking, blowing away grenades, stickies, and uber medics, and being able to knock sappers off of buildings makes Pyro an Engineer's best friend. 
So here's my list for success, but... that doesn't necessarily mean that it's the most fun way to play, I suppose. Most people who are good at the game can get by with or without these team compositions, but obviously it would still help having them. Finally, unlike me, some people may have a specific play style that they enjoy more, which may be a reason people only play certain characters. Considering all these factors, this poll ended up being rather pointless. Perhaps a multi-selectable poll asking "What classes do you regularly play?" may have been the more appropriate question.

1 comment:

  1. Team Forress 2 is one of the best games to its users. When you need to get Free TF2 Items, try GamersNab.com.

    ReplyDelete