Layout HTML

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Slight Improvements

Yay, finally got around to slapping on a half-assed banner for the blog. o_o Too bad it doesn't really blend as well with the background as I had hoped. Whatever, just gonna take my small steps for now. I'm trying to work up some more pictures and details for the next few posts, but looks like I'm going to have to play around more with taking screenshots and toying around with Photoshop some more.

I'm just glad I had some old pictures stored in my oooold Photobucket accounts, since I don't have a lot of my old pictures and photoshop projects from years ago. Maybe once I fix up Lappy or at least gain access to the contents of the harddrive or something, I'll be able to recover some more old stuff I made then. Until then, I'll just have to re-make some new images to work with. 

Anyway, back to the usual programming for the time being.

Kingdom of Loathing - Finished my 6th Hardcore Oxygenarian run, completing my plexiglass equipment set.
Flashy. ... In... many ways, I guess. On top of that, I went ahead and grabbed three more trophies I had skipped out on. The Septuple Platinum from the Accordion Thief Nemesis Quest, the Hustling one where you beat Scratch Rackonteur at pool 23 times, and the Trophy Fish. I was going to try going down Fernswarthy's Basement to get another telescope upgrade, but being an Accordion Thief, and I was starting to need buffs at around 100 floors, I gave up for the time being since it looked like it would have either taken a bit too long and costly to pull off at the time. That, and I really wanted to get in as many Way of the Surprising Fist runs as I can before they move on to the next seasonal run. So that's what I did. Started my Way of the Surprising Fist run in Hardcore as an Accordion Thief again, since most people are saying it is cheaper, thus easier to do as an Accordion Thief. And cheaper is GOOD. D= It's so hard getting meat in this run; you only get 10-12 meat per combat usually. Or... at least I am, with my passive meat gain bonuses. I'm already level 10, but I need meat for the abridged dictionary to get to the Orc Chasm still. I may try to squeeze in at least one more Hardcore Fisting run after this one before Halloween.

Disgaea - Supposedly the final chapter of Etna mode. Enemy levels are around upper 100s, lower 200s now, so I'm working a bit more on getting better equips through item world. I miss having Laharl. >_>

Guild Wars - My pre-searing Ranger is now level 19, and halfway towards becoming level 20. Also been making some decent progress in Night Fall with my Elementalist. This campaign is longer than I expected it to be.. Been polishing up my skill build as well, getting the Searing Flames elite skill, after dying like a dozen times, ruining my Survivor title efforts. ._.;; Sucks, but.. my focus is to just finish these campaigns first. Also planning on working on my Paragon a bit to get more Paragon skills for my Heroes. Not sure when I'll get around to doing that though.

9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors - Taco claimed that this game was the "GREATEST" DS game and insisted that I play it right away, so.. I'm holding Disgaea off for now to check this game out. So far, it does a great job at keeping my interest, mostly with the story. In fact, 75% of the game is the story. You're reading the narration and dialogue more than interacting in the "escape" portions of the game. Nicely done "escape the room" type scenarios and puzzles. Definitely beats the crap out of playing those flash or iPhone app games where you escape the bathroom and stuff. I've only played a few hours of it so far, but I would recommend this game if you don't mind reading a lot. .. And if you don't mind grim, dark, survival type games. Oh, gotta appreciate how they're not afraid to outright swear in the dialogue too. .. A lot. Especially from Santa (Not Santa Clause, mind you. Santa Clause swearing all over the place can only be funny from some bad mall Santas. >_>). We'll see which ending I get on my first few tries.

No comments:

Post a Comment