Layout HTML

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Poll - Smartphones

It's August 15th... er, 16th now, so here's the latest poll results, this time about smartphones.

Do you have a smartphone yet?
Yes, an Android - 3 votes
Yes, an iPhone - 2 votes
No, I have a dumb phone - 1 vote
Yes, but neither of the above (Blackberry, Windows Phone, etc.) - 0 votes
No, I don't have a cell phone - 0 votes

So this was something that I've always been curious about. Which of the two, Androids and iPhones, are more popular? As I've mentioned in my post regarding shopping for the right smartphone for me, I already didn't like the iPhone from the start. And surprisingly, I seemed to have failed to mention how I dislike using iTunes and having to sync data into the iPhone each time as well, which I find to be an absolute nuisance from the user's point of view for the sake of Apple having a monopoly of how their devices are used and even the data that goes in and out of the device. This is exactly the reason why I wanted a phone with SD Card support, but when Androids can connect to PCs via USB and have it be as easy as dragging and dropping files in the phone's internal storage just like that, you really can't ask for any better flexibility than that.

And now that I'm used to my Galaxy Nexus, which has such a huge, pretty, HD screen, I can't get used to how small the iPhone 4's screen is. It's a huge difference when I'm watching YouTube videos on them, or typing on them. Although, there are smaller Androids out there, so that may not make a good argument regarding the matter, but a better argument would be all the different selections of models of phones there are for Android.

Anyway, I'm sure more people out there could have voted in this poll, especially considering the stats shown here. This is the number of page views I had in one day.

With this many page views in a single day, surely I could have had more voters, but... I forgot to take into consideration that the gadgets on the right side of the site aren't shown in the mobile version of this site. That means, people who visit the site on mobile devices won't even see that I have a poll on the side. >_>' I'm not entirely sure if I have a good solution to that, other than to remove the mobile version so that you simply get the web version even on mobile devices... but I would hardly call that a "good solution".

Well, it's a given that not many people come here to vote on the polls anyway. Majority of my blog visitors are those who do some Google searches on topics that I have written about. It's always a plus if I can get some additional ideas of what people would like to see on the site though. In the end though, the best way for me to get an idea of what my readers want to see are probably through comments. I try to make it easier with the polls though, but I need to ask the right questions.

Also... what browser is CriOS and RockMelt... ?

No comments:

Post a Comment