Layout HTML

Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Happy First Anniversary!

Today is Vicki's birthday as well as the first anniversary of this site. I'm surprised at how far the site managed to grow in the first year, really. When I first started blogging, it was originally going to be my personal journal. But after a while, the desire to share my thoughts just grew beyond what major events occurred in my life to many other things in my interests, creating over a hundred pages of content on the site.

It feels great to write with an audience again, since I hadn't really written big posts like what I do on my blog for a year or two, after my main accounts at Gaia Online got banned. But really, I was better off getting banned as Gaia's community's number of people that I talked to shrunk smaller and smaller. My productivity became limited as more time was being spent on keeping up with Gaia's rapidly growing inflation and getting items. In hindsight, I wish I had gotten more artwork from the artists in the community that I could use here on the site now.

But I'd like to talk about what I did today for Vicki's birthday instead today. She did get to take a vacation day off today, which she doesn't get very many of. We went to go watch the movie, Ted, at around noon, which was nice since on a Tuesday noon, most other people are at work, allowing us the best seats and a quiet theater. The movie was hilarious, and I had forgotten that Seth Macfarlane worked on it. I could definitely see the similar humor from Family Guy and the likes, and it worked out in the grand scheme of things. Tells a nice story with social conflict, lots of humor, substance abuse, etc. Definitely not for kids.

After the movie, went to grab some pizza, and then stopped by at Best Buy to pick up some games for her. Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition for the PS3, and Pokemon Conquest. You can expect to see that in my backlog, I suppose, but the main reasons for getting it was for the online play. In fact, I was able to find two copies of Resident Evil: Revelations there with the misspelled cases there, but I decided against picking up a copy, partially due to me not having money for the 3DS itself yet. After that, hung out with some of our friends until our reservation at a restaurant came up at Kobe, a Japanese Steakhouse. Had a nice meal, and Vicki got her $25 discount and free cupcake, and now I'm writing up this blog. Perhaps we'll have a proper party over the weekend, but we'll have to see about that.

It was definitely a fun day, and it makes me miss the times when Vicki and I can go out and do things instead of her being at work every weekday. It'd be better if I had a job so I had more spending money when I did go out somewhere like today though. Hopefully I'll be hired somewhere if I can work hard enough for one.

No comments:

Post a Comment