Layout HTML

Search This Blog

Monday, April 16, 2012

Integration Implementation

The blog has been undergoing many small tweaks in the past couple of months, mostly with the gadgets I've added on the side. Perhaps the one that may end up being big is the Facebook Like button, which I've changed from a generic Like button to a Like button for the Facebook page I made for this blog, so if you've Liked the blog before and shows that you haven't Liked it yet, that is why. As of now, I have the other features with the Like Button disabled for now, like messages from the Facebook page showing up beneath and such, but that may change depending on the width size, whether if the messages I post on the Facebook page will be worth showing here, and possibly other criteria I may have overlooked.

Aside from the Facebook integration, I also plan on implementing other things on the side, like an Affiliates section. Just that I haven't exactly been satisfied with the previous buttons and banners I've made for doing that, so I'm looking for new designs to use to better promote The Code to appeal to more people with similar interests. For a small banner, maybe some sprite art may work best. However, I am currently on the lookout for artists in general, for many projects for the site as well. If you would like to try your hands at some art that will get used on the site, please contact me, perhaps on the Facebook page mentioned above, which can be found by clicking on the link directly above the Like button.

Now, before I forget, here are the results for the latest poll.

What video game genres do you enjoy playing?
Role Playing Game - 5 votes
First Person Shooter - 5 votes
Platform Adventure - 3 votes
Real Time Strategy - 3 votes
Puzzle - 3 votes
Fighting - 3 votes
Visual Novel - 3 votes
Rhythm - 3 votes
Party - 3 votes
Shoot'em'up - 2 votes
Racing - 2 votes
Other - 1 vote
Sports - 0 votes

Total voters: 6

I just can't help but laugh that sports game got 0 votes. I certainly don't play very many sports games at all, with the exception of perhaps Mario Tennis. As for the other votes, we seem to have a fairly large ratio of players who enjoy RPGs and FPSs. I wish I could have been a bit more elaborate with this poll, but there's just too many genres if I were to go really in depth on major sub-genres and such. I do think that putting RTS in there, but not turn-based strategy like Fire Emblem and Advance Wars was a mistake though. Then there are other genres out there like Tower Defense games like Dungeon Defenders and Ninja Town and what not.

So it's been about a whole season since I've done some personal lists like wishlists and the backlog. I am considering updating those lists, particularly the backlog, since I have made some progress in the list, and the tiers of games to work on have changed up quite a bit since then. Wishlists on the other hand have made very little changes, except for maybe dropping the need for a Feesh light. For photography purposes, I think I may have found a decent solution for lighting, so it has left the wishlist for now. Of course, I could still use a better camera though, and am currently considering the Droid RAZR again, since the prices have dropped some more since my previous post about it. Possibly due to the Droid RAZR Maxx being released. 

Although this wasn't listed in my last wishlist, we ended up buying some Krazy Glue for fixing my DS Lite. I went ahead and glued the piece back in place, and my careful gluing did the trick. I was afraid that I might glue the R button in its place if I messed up, but thankfully that didn't happen. Finally, I can see myself playing the DS again, but chances are, I'll be finishing the Maze of Tribulations in Star Ocean: Second Evolution before I move back to playing DS games. When I do though, I'd like to work on Kirby Mass Attack to review on here.


No comments:

Post a Comment