Layout HTML

Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Poll - E-mails

It's been a while, but I'm glad to see that the polls are finally working again on the site. Instead, the banner image's randomzier seems to have gone down... Anyway, here's the latest poll results!

Do you check all E-mails that you get?
Yes, I keep my inbox clean. - 1 vote
I only read E-mails I care about. - 1 vote
I don't read any of them. - 1 vote
Yes, I also check my spam box too. - 0 votes
I just use E-mails for log-ins and/or to make accounts. - 0 votes

So I'm the kind of person who likes to see the inbox clean so that whenever I get a new E-mail, I'll know how many, and which ones are new in an instant with the number of new mail in my inbox. But it feels like everyone else around me only reads the E-mails they care about, or sometimes even misses important ones because they just simply don't check them all. With a huge clutter of unread E-mails here and there, I'm not surprised the important ones gets missed because of that. Maybe it's just laziness, but you shouldn't let that be the cause of your dysfunction... obviously.

At that point, why not just mark the E-mails you don't care about as spam so that they get filtered out? You're not going to read them anyway. It'll help clean up your Inbox so that you won't miss as many important mail. But a lot of times, things that you wouldn't consider spam are left unread as well. In that case, you just need some more advanced filter for E-mail sorting, I guess. Thankfully, Gmail now does that with their fairly recent update. I still check all categories of E-mails though, with the spam folder being the exception. I already personalized my spam filter to filter my E-mails accurately for spam, and it's been doing a pretty good job at it. Thanks, Gmail!

But as it turns out, there's someone who doesn't read any of their E-mails according to the poll. What gives? Maybe they don't get any important E-mails, and use other means of communication for important messages, like through text messaging... or they have a personal secretary that does all the reading for them. Who knows. Unless you're some super important, super busy person who can afford to have a secretary do that for you, I can only see that as maximum laziness. I don't care if you're technologically handicapped; reading your E-mail shouldn't be rocket science. If your E-mail service provider is legitimately too complicated to figure out and use effectively.. then... to me, it sounds like you should be using a different service provider. Of course, that DOES mean having to update all the accounts you have on sites so that it has your new E-mail address, and let everyone else that E-mails you know that you have a new E-mail address. The latter is easier to do if you can import your contacts at least. Just... I guess I have a problem with people letting their laziness be the cause of their dysfunction.

... STOP BEING LAZY! >=O

No comments:

Post a Comment