Layout HTML

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Waiting Game

It has been a fairly uneventful month for me, and I honestly haven't had too much to write about either. I'd like to move onto doing more reviews, but I haven't exactly completed any games recently either. I HAVE been working on several games, and some new ones that aren't listed in the backlog as well... just that I feel like I'm not making enough progress in them fast enough. But before I get into the details, here are the results for last month's poll.

You are thrown into a medieval fantasy setting. What traditional class are you?
Fighter: 3 votes
Mage: 3 votes
Thief: 2 votes
Cleric: 2 votes

Wow, this is like.. the first time my poll had such even number of votes. Perhaps this shows how diversely people would classify themselves. I was wondering whether if I should throw in the option for Red Mage, or a Jack-of-all-Trades, but I felt that that would get too many votes since people like having a mixture of things that they like in each class anyway, and would make the poll too... boring. Same difference with an "other" option, and what would "other" be, anyway? Summoners? Dragoons? Rangers, Bards, Blacksmiths, Demolitionists, Engineers, Traveling Merchants, Minstrels, Adepts, Vanguards, Sentinels, or some other obscure class from a specific game that not everyone will be able to find a good example of? Speaking of adepts, vanguards, and sentinels, I should really play Mass Effect...

Star Ocean: Second Evolution - On my second run in Universe Mode, I got the party that I wanted, and things are going fairly well, I suppose. Around the Field of Might, I was feeling under-leveled, that I started working on a bunch of Item Creation stuff. After making the Aeterna for Claude, things certainly got much easier. Now I'm finding myself power leveling with replicated counterfeit medals. I'm trying to see what other weapons are worth customizing though.

Star Ocean: The Last Hope - Been a while since I've played it... Wish the couch out there was still not infested with cats. Anyway, I just recruited Bacchus, and saved at the save point right before Sahariel, I believe. I just hope I didn't miss anything in this area, although I believe I've been fairly thorough with my search.. and I have to say, I absolutely HATE those invisible, red laser walls. @_@ Holy crap, does that thing seriously disrupt your maneuverability in the map.

Rusty Hearts - Since last weekend was a Double EXP weekend, I decided it would be a good time to level up Frantz as high as I can. So I got him to level 20, but when I did, the server started having issues with the "Waiting..." message. Of course, this was right after I started using my Triple EXP scroll that I saved for a good occasion like this. When I next logged on, the Triple EXP effect was still active, so I guess that's cool, but the game still froze on me when I tried to go in a map to fight. I don't play this game often enough, but is this a frequent thing? I'm glad I don't buy any ZEN for the stuff, although I am interested in getting Meilin Chen... Can't justify spending the money on her though when I don't play the game nearly enough. I also have an Angela that's near level 10 or so, I think.

S.P.A.Z. and Bounty Hunters - Still in Chapter 4. Trying to clear the infection while hunting down black boxes for reverse engineering the new bounty hunter ships. Also, the arena challenges have been fairly interesting so far as well. I might end up clearing them all by the time I get done with clearing the zombies from the galaxy. Might take a while to do though...

Disgaea - Haven't touched this since I started Star Ocean: Second Evolution. Mostly because of how... unmotivated I am now, with how the extra content that was added to this game was ridiculously difficult, with level 9999 enemies on a map that has x3 stats for enemies and other ridiculously crazy shit, where I couldn't even take a single enemy out even with my best guys unleashing everything they have on it. In fact, when I saw that my Laharl took so much damage that it said "232k" damage, when his max HP was still around 50k... ._.;;;;;; ... That's going to take too long for me to grind up those legendary weapons and stuff for me to beat that level. Not happening for a long time.

Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 - So I've been watching some videos on YouTube called "Assist Me" by Maximillian, AKA The Online Warrior and it's definitely nicely presented and informative for someone who's just started the game and want to learn how to play certain characters. Perhaps because of this, I've been playing as Deadpool and Dante a lot, I guess. Still mostly working on finding characters that I like, while unlocking endings in the Arcade Mode as well. Got just about over 50% of the endings done, I think. Still not sure if I feel confident enough to play online, but I'd like to play with friends who have this game (on the PS3... or just 2 player IRL).

Pardus - Uuuuugh, the Imperials and Union are attacking the Feds again, and trying to stir up a war on us. I've been stuck trading down in my sector since I'm like... the only one that does where I manage, so I really can't switch out of my BBB. I didn't quite get to go skilling as much as I'd have liked either due to the lack of help either. I'm gonna have to equip myself with some missiles at least or something.

I'd really like to play more of some games that I haven't been playing, like Dead Rising 2, No More Heroes, Recettear, Guild Wars, Resident Evil 4, Donkey Kong Country Returns, etc. But more importantly, I wish I could find some super glue to try to fix up my DS Lite.

No comments:

Post a Comment