Layout HTML

Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Blog Revelation

It sure is hard to keep up with blogging when you're too busy spending time doing.. well, other things. So far, it's only Kingdom of Loathing and Terraria too. Surprised I haven't heard much from the other games for a holiday event, although maybe I'm just missing the news somehow. Anyway, I just thought I should talk a little bit about the blog today. How it's changed a lot from what I have originally thought of, and what sort of things end up getting on the blog... as well as a bit of stuff from KoL and Terraria too, while I'm at it.

Stats of the last 30 days or so.
This blog is mainly here to satisfy my need to express myself, especially after having lost my previous place on Gaia Online when I was banned. Although this is no message board, I did intend on using this blog as my personal journal, which is one of the features I also used on Gaia Online. But the features that Blogger offer are so nice, particularly the stats page which I find pretty interesting, makes me feel like it'd be just a waste for using it only as a personal journal. Which is why I decided to try lots of different things like writing reviews for games that left a strong impression on me, and talk about some of my works like Vanguardian Axis and Crescent Legends. For some reason, Vanguardian Axis seems to get lots of page views, possibly because of people Google searching sci-fi futuristic things and coming across the page, but that got me to try seeking out more topics that people are interested in. Through experimenting, I found that big, new things that already have a fanbase tends to get views quickly, in this case, a lot of the recent KoL related posts, starting with the Trendy post. I'm aware that not all of my audience are interested in reading about KoL though, which is why I try to mix it up as much as possible with other articles I can write about, but I am definitely short on time for writing more blog posts while keeping up with all the new events going on in KoL at the moment.

Quickly built pyramid + Hallow biome
With that said, I have been having waaaay too much fun with Terraria's version 1.1 update. It's been countless hours of fun for my friends and I, and we're still not done messing around on there yet either. We've been killing Wall of Flesh (and the Guide NPC because of it) countless of times, fighting off the Corruption from spreading any further than it already has by spreading the new Hallow biome, getting better equipments made out of the new Cobalt, Mythril, and Adamantium ores as well as from Mimic drops, crafting, collecting souls, getting torn to shreds by the new bosses, etc. End-game difficulty for the game has gone up so much that it offers so much more for enjoying the game longer than it already provided. It feels like I need to redo my review on Terraria since the last one doesn't do it enough justice since I only talked about half of the game now. I'll probably talk more about this in detail another time. Maybe on the 15th, since the Holiday Update will be coming then.

As for the on-going event on KoL with the daily release of content with the Advent Calendar, the Candy Diorama has gained a new area. Fudge Mountain was plopped in on the 8th day, and all the mechanics here to be had is to collect as much fudgecule, which isn't affected by item, candy, nor meat drop rates at all. Instead, as of the 13th day, there are only 2 methods of increasing your fudgecule drops, which is by using a Fudge Lily, found when you frolic in the flowers, and saucecrafting the Superheated Fudge you find down the mountain to make the Fluid of Fudge-Finding potion. As of this post, I am approaching 10k fudgecules myself, and the most I am doing is using Olfaction on the monster that drops the most fudgecule, which is the Fudge Poodle at the moment, while running the fudgecule drop increasers while Olfaction is running. A lot more simpler than the Candy Forest content, but we still don't know what the fudgecule is used for yet. Hopefully we'll find out tomorrow with the second week ending on the 14th.

Anyway, that's all for now, but I do hope to get more other content up here soon. Probably another wishlist coming up, especially with Christmas coming up. I can't say that I'm really expecting much though, since I'm used to not getting very much, not that I'm being ungrateful or anything. Doesn't meant that I can't have high hopes for a pleasant surprise again.

No comments:

Post a Comment