Layout HTML

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Adobe Flash Fail

Don't worry, this is just an image; not actual flash on the site.
It feels fairly frequently that Adobe wants us to update our Adobe Flash plug-ins for our browsers; at least for FireFox for me. But honestly, I find that each of these updates they give us ends up breaking something else with Flash. What's up with that? Is Adobe even checking the updates for the recent browser versions before releasing them? Seriously, I've skipped the past 5 or so updates because one of them would crash my whole browser if I tried to access my webcam to go on a webcam chat. Another time, it would stop any and all videos I try to watch after one minute or something and won't let me continue watching them. As for the latest update that it asked us not even a week ago, it's not as bad as stopping the video, but the videos lose audio after a minute. What the hell, Adobe? Get your updates straight for FireFox already.

After having dealt with this so many times, you'd think I'd keep the installer for Adobe Flash plug-in somewhere on the computer, but since I was too lazy to find it again, I decided to use the System Restore feature which worked in downgrading Adobe Flash... but it had some other, weird effects on my FireFox as well. Ad Block Plus wasn't installed anymore, despite having had it for years now, and I also lost access to my FireFox's plug-ins and extensions for some reason.

So I have decided that it was time to move onto what everyone else is using, Google Chrome. So far, I really don't have any problems with Chrome, and I may as well had switched since I play Kingdom of Loathing using KoL Mafia now, making the KoL Greasemonkey scripts unnecessary. Pardus' quick tools had stopped working a while ago, and my FireFox was feeling a bit too cluttered as it was.

I have yet to really see how much "faster" this browser is compared to FireFox, although I definitely don't find it to be slower by any means. I had only started using it last night, after all. But I do like the layout better as it feels like there are a lot less wasted space on it. I guess I particularly like how the Bookmarks bar can be toggled off, but have it show up in the New Tab page where it would make sense to have them. It just makes sense to me that this is how information should be displayed.

I certainly do feel that I am favoring Google an awful lot these days though. This site is ran by Blogger, which is owned by Google, my Android phone, Samsung Galaxy Nexus is considered to be the "official Google phone", and now my browser is also a Google product. I knew Google was going to grow into something huge, even years ago. I really wish I had invested in their stocks, but I didn't have the money back then, unfortunately...

Anyway, the significance of this change may or may not affect the site, since I will be building the site with Chrome in mind now, rather than FireFox. I honestly don't know if there is anything TO change, but this is just a heads up, just in case. Oh, and also to complain about Adobe Flash as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment