Layout HTML

Search This Blog

Friday, February 8, 2013

Need for Action and Babes

Lately, I've been finding myself playing a lot more action games than... well, most of my life. It's funny how much my interests have shifted in gaming since my childhood, where I was really into RPG games. Sure, I still like them now too, but back then, I had very little interest in FPS (not that there were many good ones when I was a kid except Doom, Wolfenstein, etc. until Goldeneye 64 made FPS big), fighting games (like Street Fighter 2, which I certainly liked but sucked terribly since I didn't understand the concept of cancelling moves into specials for combos, the difference between blocking high and low, taking advantage of recovery time, hit stuns, invincibility frames, etc.), and action games. For those of you that keep up with my gaming activities, you already know that I've been playing Devil May Cry 3 and Kid Icarus: Uprising right now, both of which I am enjoying greatly. But there was a game that I had nearly forgotten about that plays fairly similarly to Devil May Cry 3 that I had already been playing, with elements of RPG, and is more of a beat'em up game in concept; Rusty Hearts.

It's surprising now that I look back at Rusty Hearts that it managed to include a lot of similarities in this action RPG beat'em up game that I enjoy in Devil May Cry 3. Freestyle attack combos, variety of special attacks, building up skills for a certain weapon or fighting style, building up meter to activate a powerful boost, etc. Heck, there's so much about Rusty Hearts that just seems to work out well, and I feel like going back to playing it again, especially when I got an E-mail with some good news.
Details can be found here. http://rustyhearts.perfectworld.com/news/?p=810961
I've mentioned before how I wanted to play as Meilin, and I was bummed out that you had to pay quite a bit of money to unlock her. Sure, they play the same as their male counterparts Tude and Frantz, but that's exactly why I wanted to have the option. There's plenty of free characters roaming around in these games, and naturally, I want to be different than all the same people out there. Personalization is a strong way to keep people's interests in MMOs in my opinion, and I certainly wanted to stand out as much as possible without having to shell out mad cash that I didn't have at the time for a new character or new clothes for a character. Especially considering how they play similarly, why should I bother raising a character that I'm less interested in working on if the gameplay is going to be the same? ... That didn't stop me from trying out Tude though. He'll be my Claw user while I have Meilin be the Gauntlet user.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll get back to playing Rusty Hearts again whenever I finish Devil May Cry 3 and 4. I certainly am taking a long time with them it seems, but mostly due to me juggling too many games at once. Either way, I'm looking forward to some fast action and long combos with Meilin and learning lots of skills from... well... this guy.

... I still don't know who Gorgon is, other than being a hobo.

No comments:

Post a Comment