Layout HTML

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Back to a Crawl

It's been over 4 months already since my last progress report on my usual video game posts, and for a good reason for a change. For those of you who haven't heard, I've got myself 2 jobs in the past month. So... there really isn't much of a progress to report, honestly. More-so, I'm reporting my lack of progress if anything, which sort of disappoints myself in my lack of ability to manage time as well as I'd like to squeeze in more activities. Regardless, here are some of the things that I HAVE been doing.

Kingdom of Loathing - Well, I've been consistently doing Zombie Slayer runs, but none of them have been very serious due to my busy schedule now. There are days when I don't get to spend all my adventures, sometimes missing my night cap for rollover. Due to how busy I am, I also have stopped doing PVP, unfortunately, which explains why I haven't been posting about the new PVP seasons. I have still yet to get any of the swag you can get with swagger, but I feel that now is not the time to stress over being strong in PVP for them at the moment.

Pardus - After the war ended in our (close) victory, I've just gone back to upkeeping the buildings in my sector and slowly ranking again. The plan was to focus more on ranking so that I can get a War Nova earlier, but without a dedicated trader helping out in my area, I don't see it happening any time soon.

Team Fortress 2 - There's a Halloween event going on, but I haven't been able to play it much since the MvM update went live. Speaking of which, I have yet to complete all the difficulties, unfortunately. I am still working on some of the advanced waves and haven't really noticed too much of a pattern on what a successful team consists of for each mission. The best idea is to know which wave is the hardest, and build the team that's most effective for that wave in mind.

League of Legends - I picked up Ahri for an AP mid champion, and Dr. Mundo for jungling. That just leaves an actual tank that I need, since Dr. Mundo is an off-tank at best with his only Crowd Control being a slow. 

Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale - Working on writing up a review for this game now, but I have yet to really complete it. I am still trying to get Griff's Guild Card and make my way into the last dungeon. Just... not having too much luck with getting him to come into the store it seems. Made the store dark and all, but not sure where he's at. x_o;

Catherine - I ended up starting this game because I was in a puzzle-mood. Haven't gone too far into it though. I decided to play it on Normal since playing on easy on Vicki's save when she was having trouble wasn't posing too much of a difficulty for me, so.. yeah. I've seen some crazy blocks and situations in later levels though, so who knows if I'll have trouble on Normal. >_>

Diablo III - I'm surprised I haven't really mentioned this much earlier, but I quit this game... quite a while ago. It was simply not fun, and it's only addiction-driven for people who have time to kill, and enjoys grinding... I guess. Even then, I think there are plenty of other grindy games out there that are much more fun than this game. Not to mention I barely made much money with it either. I definitely prefer actually working at a real job over trying to make money (and failing) in D3.

Also, on other news, I ordered a 3DS with New Super Mario Bros. 2 (and maybe Steel Diver for free. Not sure). I got an E-mail from Club Nintendo for a $20 off coupon for a 3DS at GameStop online. With Zero's Escape: Virtue's Last Reward and several other games that I want is out already, I figured it was about time I got one, although I wish I had gotten one much earlier.

Anyway, that also means that you'll be seeing some 3DS game reviews here as well in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment