Layout HTML

Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses


I went to the Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses on August 10th, at the NJ Performing Arts Center, of course with my 3DS in hand, ready to play in the StreetPass Mii Plaza before the concert started. There were certainly plenty of people there, with a good 50% or possibly more with their 3DSes out, especially while I was waiting in line to get myself a poster and t-shirt combo for $25. I found out that there were 3 puzzles that I wasn't aware of in Puzzle Swap; Nintendo Starlets, New SUPER MARIO BROS. U + New SUPER LUIGI U, and Mario & Luigi: Dream Team. Not sure how I missed out on the announcements for these... 

The performance was great. The crowd was great as well, and I generally had a great time there. They played 4 movements, following the Symphony rule, with a few short compositions here and there, like after the intermission (where I resumed my StreetPassing), and ended with three or so encore songs. Some of these were from the Legend of Zelda 25th Anniversary concert, but they also had a few new compositions that I didn't recognize either. The display added a nice touch for us gamers too, giving something for our eyes to follow while listening to the music. 


As you can see, I was all the way in the back, which is supposedly a good place to listen at, since the sound waves won't bounce back from the back of the theater to you, like an echo effect. Not that that really affected my choice in the seat I got, but because it was practically the only ones left available by the time I decided to get the tickets. Being that it was a week after our move to the new house, I wasn't sure how busy we would be, and whether if I had the opportunity to go out and enjoy myself during all that. Technically, not everything is where it should be still, but the rest of the things are in no rush to be moved. 

So in the end, I got about 40 or so StreetPasses for the Mii Plaza. Could have gotten more had I played through the concert, but I wasn't going to do that, obviously. >_> I wonder when I'll ever get the 100 StreetPasses in a day achievement though. Maybe ComicCon... ? Or hang out at the Nintendo World store all day or something. Wish there was a nice, big StreetPass community in my area that I could join. 

No comments:

Post a Comment