Layout HTML

Search This Blog

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Unusually Busy

The past several weeks have been unusually busy for me. Mostly due to being dragged around places that are unplanned. We've been around places so much lately that I probably won't remember everything that happened, and each "adventure" may have been worth posting about as its own blog post, which I should really consider doing the next time it happens. Hopefully there will be enough to talk about in future "adventures".

Speaking of adventures, these unplanned events have been conveniently occurring when I'm automating my adventures on Kingdom of Loathing using KoL Mafia. After having done quite a lot of Boris runs, I decided to go for the Level 30 Avatar of Boris trophy on a normal ascension. After having defeated the Naughty Sorceress without breaking the prism (which I accidentally did by habit the first time around going for the trophy), I'm mostly botting at the Haunted Gallery to get lots of muscle sub-stats. Unfortunately, my stats aren't high enough to make leveling from scaling monsters, such as those from the Hamburglaris Shield Generator, any faster than leveling at the Gallery. So I have a lot more time than when I'm not manually playing KoL to do HC runs.

Despite that, however, I haven't had as much time to play Star Ocean 4 as much as I'd hoped. I did make some decent progress though; I just recruited Myuria Tionysus.

Spoiler:
So after landing on Roak, there's been quite a lot of movement in character development, but things felt a bit exaggerated. I can understand the heavy responsibility in what happened before coming to Roak, but the extent of how badly Edge was taking it was... painful to watch, I guess. At least the point where I'm at looks like it's about to be the end of his moping and agonizing.

Of course, I also have to say, could they have made Tamiel any creepier than he was? >_>;; I couldn't stand how... exaggerated his creepiness was, on top of how much of a scum he was. I'm hoping that that's the end of the exaggeration and that the rest can be taken as seriously as parts before Tamiel got in the picture. ... Maybe I just find him to be a joke... ? ... His FACE is a joke. x_e;

So the things that I've been dragged out to. Honestly, I can't remember them all, but one thing I did was change my bank, because Wells Fargo changed their services around so much that there are fees all over the place, and it just became impossible for me to stay with them without paying fees monthly. I guess I'm not that great of a loss for having as a customer, but consider the needs of people like me who are unemployed when getting rid of your Wachovia branch next time.

Another was being dragged to a place where... I don't even know how I got talked into going, but ultimately, I was the chaperone of two, loud, drunk girls who definitely needed the chaperoning. I'm not going to give out the details here, but I feel sorry for those who had to deal with the noise made by my friends. ._.;

Then, another day, I got dragged to some ridiculously old, broken down house to pick up some "antiques" for a friend's brother who I've never met. The house, if not in such a decrepit state, may have been a nice house, but was absolutely trashed. I can see why the people who own the property live in a tent on the property rather than living in the house itself... It's that bad. The "antique" record player, speakers, and what not that we picked up was... well, from my eyes, barely salvageable. I'm hardly knowledgeable when it comes to antiques, but considering how poorly preserved... if it was even "preserved" at all, I can't say that I see any value in them. When carrying the things into the car, the splintery wooden frames seemed to have poked through my shirt and left some itchy bumps on my abs. I'm not really sure what it is, since they look like bug bites, kind of like when I got bitten by fleas, but have no knowledge of being in contact with bugs in particular; only the wood of the speakers. And it's not like I got paid to do this work either. Doing muscle work for free for some person I've never met, and now I'm all itchy because of it. I can't see myself going on anymore unplanned adventures for a while, because of how terrible the results have been. Without some good idea of what's going on, I can't justify wasting my time on other people's errands anymore.

On that same day, we got a report about how there are possums in Vicki's cousin's house, so we had to go over there to assess the situation as well. Just today, we left a trap there to trap a possum in to remove from her garage, but... yeah. Who knows how long this ordeal may last since there are evidence that there is a mother possum and its babies in the garage. If the trap triggers with only one of them in there, the removal process may take a while.

On a good note, I finally got to go see the Avengers in theaters today. It's definitely a great movie with many epic moments as well as good humor. It's a shame that I haven't been able to watch Iron Man 1, 2, nor Thor before watching it. I'd like to do that whenever I can, but with Blockbusters gone from the area here, I don't know how I'll see it without leaching off of a friend's Netflix service, if the movies are even available on there. I sure can't justify getting Netflix for myself when I don't watch as many things nor anyone in the house have the time to watch things on it either. That, and I tend to prefer watching my anime in Japanese than to watch the English dubs... although recent English voice acting seems to be much better now in comparison to how cheesy and bad the voice acting has been around 5 to 10 years ago.

Man, look at me talk off on a tangent of a tangent... Back to the Avengers, I really had a great time at the theaters. I'd review the film if I wasn't so shy about spoilers, not that there's much to spoil in this movie, but I personally believe that each scene should be experienced from the movie itself rather than from a mediocre reviewer such as myself. That, and I don't believe that my knowledge in film is as refined as mine in video games. I just don't watch enough movies to consider myself a worthwhile critique for them.

Anyway, of course, the first thing I do after coming home from watching the Avengers was to play Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3. My friends... don't like losing against me or something... ._.; So I try my hand at playing with strangers online for the first time, and I get my butt handed to me because I just don't have anyone decent to play against to practice with. D= It makes me miss being in Rutgers where I had friends who were competitive in video games... Whether it be a fighting game like MvC2, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Puyo Puyo Fever, and other games that we played... ._. I'm sure if I lived near them now, I would have a good opponent to learn from and play several rounds a day to get enough practice to improve myself. I just can't feel the same way about fighting random people online, it seems. Maybe I'll just keep at it online and see if I can improve as I play more against other people anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment